Active Directory Password Management with ACSG’s Password Management Utility
The ACSG Password Management Utility is a secure, cloud based, self-service password management portal. Its purpose is to allow individual end users to handle common issues related to their passwords without the need for time consuming IT calls. A user can autonomously reset their password, change their password and or unlock their account even after business hours! Our service works by connecting to your Active Directory over a secure SSL connection that is only allowed from our servers through your firewall. The authentication is passed in real-time over a secure channel and is NEVER stored in a database.
Users setup a password profile in which they choose three challenge response questions. The first two questions are from a predefined list and the third question is written by the user personally. If the user forgets his or her password or needs to reset their account, they can answer the three question challenge and do so. This takes the load off of the IT department as recent studies show that password resets, unlocks and changes account for 20% or more of IT calls. In addition to being accessible from any web browser, the Password Management Utility now has native Android and iPhone apps
Benefits and Features:
- Cloud Based. Nothing to install on premise.
- Active Directory password management.
- Google Apps password management.
- End users can unlock their accounts, change and reset password without calling their IT Department.
- Multi-Level OU support allows different password policies for different OUs.
- Cloud Based, no Hardware or appliances required on premise.
- Customizable password profile questions.
- Multi-Tenant solution for Managed Service Providers.
- Administrator email notifications for IT Department staff to notify on who is using the system and when.
- Admin Reports show how many unlocks, password resets and password changes were made.
- Configurable Password Complexity Module in terms of adjusting the length of passwords, alpha numeric requirements and the need for both upper case and lower case characters.
- Google Apps Version of PMU
- Native Android & iPhone apps.